Monday, September 27, 2010

Descriptive Writing Assignment


            I approached the large golden arches from far away. As I near the tall square building, I roll down my window to smell the golden fries that cook nonstop all day. I drive up to the large, square, black menu with all of the delectable items to choose from. I concentrate on the board for a minute and then I move up to the large speaker to order. I move up again after that, going to the next window to pay the small amount for my large meal. I move up to the last window and wait for my white paper bag with a large “M” lettered arch printed on the front. As the worker opens the window to hand me the food, I see and hear the business of the fast food restaurant and smell all of the mouthwatering food. I take my bag, drive off and the car fills with the smells of salty fries and chicken. I open up the bag like its a present on christmas morning and steal a few scolding hot fries. They scorch the tip of my tongue so I close the bag and wait till I arrive home. 
            I sit at the table, open the bag and lay out my food on a plate. I take a bottle of ketchup from the refrigerator and smother my warm fries with tomatoey, high-fructose corn syrupy, goodness. I grab a few fries and eat them, tasting the salty crispy crunch. Then, I take a bite of my chicken sandwich with a golden bun, soft and crispy chicken and loads of mayonnaise that seep out when you take a bite. When I do reach the last few bites, I often become sad.
            When I’m done, I feel tired and sleepy so I lay my bloated belly on the couch for a while. After a McDonald’s meal, you can call me a couch potato because that’s what it makes me want to do. I feel satisfied afterwards and sometimes I even feel a little bit too full, even if I didn’t eat very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment